Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Things that make me go Hmmmm


These are just a few things that make me go Hmmmmm.


1)When someone walks past the photo copier to hand me something to photo copy! Hmmmm Your fingers broke?


2)When a man doesn't say thank you when I hold a door open for him. Not only Hmmmm, but WTF!!! Didn't your momma teach you any manners?


3)Can you please call so and so and then patch them through to me? Hmmmm seems like it would be easier to just F**king call them yourself?


4) Setting trash on the counter next to the trash can! Hmmmm Are you really that Damn lazy?


5)Ring, ring.

Hello

Is my husband there?

No, he is in the restroom.

Do you think he will be long?

Hmmmm Gee, I forgot to ask him as he walked by. Maybe I should put my ear against the door and listen for a drip, grunt, or moan as to get a feel for how long he will be.


6)I am not attracted to you so we will never again have sex and I am not a communicator, but lets stay married. Hmmmm NO!


7) Can you put the address on this envelope? I went ahead and wrote the address on the sticky that is attached to the envelope for you. Hmmmm *eye roll*


8)Izz onnnlyyy had oh *sway* *hic-up* sfwon beer, Izz swwwwearr! Hmmmm


9) Ring, ring.

Hello!

Yes, may I speak to the owner of the business?

He is away from the office.

Well, then are you his wife?

Hmmmm, Seriously? Why on earth would I be his wife, cause if I were the owners wife, I sure as hell wouldn't be answering the phone. I would be buying some great outfit somewhere and having my hair done.

19 comments:

  1. Those made me say HMMMMM!!! You must have the patience of a saint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Somebody* needs another beer!

    Seriously, I'm with ya on these.

    So how was your day? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind of anti-anxiety meds do you take to put up with all this schizz?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I think I'm going to like reading you.

    I was an executive assistant for 2 years and yeah, I feel ya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate it when men don't have the decency to even nod or smile when I hold the door open for their lazy asses.

    I am really baffled by #6. WOW is all I can really say to that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL....do we work at the same place?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the "can you come into my office because I don't feel like getting up to come into yours."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dude. This list is awesome!! LOL Good job here cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL
    excellent list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Re: #2: Based on my anecdotal experience, I'm convinced that MBAs have the worst manners!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, # 2 pisses me the hell off too... when somebody won't even acknowledge you at all because they are getting all self-important on their cell phone or they are just shitheads in general... that's when I wish I could rewing 5 seconds back and slam the door in their face...hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  12. clearly some people like to remind others that they don't have to do such benign tasks - and those people are a-holes - as a former manager, i would have never behaved that way and slept well at night!

    thanks for visiting the crib! your comment about skin tags and mailing them was just ... phenomenal. please come back again! i can always use a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, I found myself saying "hmmmm" every time I read "hmmmm". And then you wrote "WTF", and I tried to say that like a word (without unraveling the acronym). Ha.

    If someone asks how long her husband will be in the shitter, tell her you don't know if he's going number 1 or number 2, or having a quick romp with an intern, but if she'd like you can put her on hold and go check.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks all for understanding my hmmmm moments and offering you own. You all make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  15. #4. In addition to this, when people set dirty dishes on top of the dishwasher when the dishwasher is EMPTY. WTF MAN?

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a great list! People can be such morons. If only everyone were perfect like us the world would be a much better place! :)

    XO
    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ha! I think a couple of those are office classics...

    One of my personal favs, the "relay my phone call" bit.

    "Hey will you please call xxxx and tell them blah blah blah and if they ask blah blah blah tell them xxxxx and call me back and let me know what they say."

    Hmmmmmmmmmm...and you couldn't just call them yourself becuase...?

    ReplyDelete
  18. People *seriously* ask if you're his wife??

    WTF.

    Dude. Next time, I think you should say yes and then say, "But not for long." and just see how they react.

    ReplyDelete
  19. How about that. I just did a similar post with the same title.

    We think alike.

    ReplyDelete