Monday, February 1, 2010

A new decade

I GAVE UP! Do you hear me? I GAVE UP on you Mr. Scale.


It is yet again time to weigh in for the Loose it Bitches competition and for the record, I am saying phooey to it based on all of your comments to my last post. I am going to refrain from getting on the scale until the end and am going to just keep working my ass off because it feels good and let my clothes and my mind be the judge. I must say that today, is the first day that my clothes feel loose. I feel good. I can tell that my legs are slimming down on the sides and my arms are toning up. So bite me Mr. Scale, I don’t need you to tell me that I am kicking ass!

I just read/listened to the Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett and I must say that it was awesome. It was 50hrs long and one of the reasons that I enjoyed doing my cardio every day. So if anyone has any suggestions on a book to replace my reason to love cardio, please let me know. My thighs will thank you!

My daughter must have been sick of hanging out with me this weekend. She avoided me at every turn on Sunday and when we were lying down to go to bed, she said, “mommy, I don’t like you”. Ouch!! I was in shock, since she is a little love bug. She is known at daycare for being the lover, hugger and cuddler. She is always saying “I Yuv you mommy”, and “I so happy see you mommy”. But tonight, she said I don’t like you mommy with a frown on her face. Twice. I guess we all have our moments since I can admit to a few times that I haven’t liked her too much either. So I said, that is ok, I still love you! 10 minutes later I feel her little hand on my face and her breath on my arm. So I guess she started to like me again. Sigh and it begins!

I am a HUGE sucker for people playing with my hair. It was actually on my list of dating have to haves when I was young. It can put me in a good mood with the first touch and it will put me to sleep with little more. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. I miss, miss, miss it. That is all!

I am really starting to realize a lot more about the goods, bads and uglies of Danielle. I am coming to grips with some of it and struggling with others. It is really hard and yet such a good eye opening experience for me. I wish I would have wanted to do this searching for me in my late 20’s and early 30’s, but I didn’t, so now I have a lot of catching up to do. Things are starting to resonate with me and I am spending a lot of time thinking and realizing. I am actually excited for this decade of my life. I think it is going to prove to be my best. It is going to be hard, but rewarding in the end. I feel really good and yet a lot scared right now. It should be interesting.

17 comments:

  1. Re: playing with hair

    I love, love running my fingers through my special someone's hair. Always have. My soon-to-be-ex-wife has long, long beautiful hair. She never does anything with it, and she doesn't like for me to touch it. I gave up years ago.

    I am so done with this marriage. I need out, and it's taking much longer than I'd like. When I do finally get out there on my own again and start dating again, I so very much want to find a woman who is okay with holding hands, hugs, and gently playing with her hair. Touch. Affection. Is that such a bad thing?

    Here's to you finding someone who can give you the affection you desire -- and deserve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO with you on the hair thing.

    *sigh*

    And believe it or not I am wearing a pair of jeans today that I haven't worn in many months. And I wore them in public too. So I ditto the "bite me Mr. Scale" sentiment.

    As for the rest? Yes, yes and yes. This is our decade, sista! (maybe off to a slow start but all the same...)

    And I like the new look here! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Throw your scale away!!! The number means nothing as long as you feel good and are seeing results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ken Follett has a follow up book, World Without End. I like Pillars better but it's still worth the read/listen.

    I agree with the masses above, if you are feeling good and know you are making progress then screw the scale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I taught my daughters to play with my hair :) Beauty shop anyone?

    And as far as self-realization, better late than never, that's for sure. Congratulations on your path of self discovery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you aren't giving up on the workouts, because the scales sure can make us feel more depressed. I used to give up on working out after a week or two of the scale not budging.

    You can't put in all that work and not reap the rewards, so I'm glad it's starting to happen for you !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, I can also be put to sleep with a good hair playing session.

    Keep up the good work at the gym!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen.

    TO ALL OF IT!

    Good for you for kickin' Mr. Scale's ass!

    And I'm happy for the self-realization. Life: Its always a learning experience.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sound like a woman on a mission, with a normal "in and out of moods in a few seconds" 3-year-old.

    You're at a point right now of reclaiming yourself, shedding baggage, and finding your way. The good thing for you is that you *are* doing it now, versus never. I'm rooting for you.

    Look the new blog look, too. Where can I get one?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the hair thing too. I wrote about that once and Dad's House started commenting on PULLING the hair. I remember laughing and telling him to perv it down. That was a totally random thought for you there. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. At first I thought you were going to give up on the challenge and I was all screaming NOOOOOOO! But you can kick the scale to the curb, just so long as you keep working to get healthy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Scales suck! It's all about how you feel about yourself. Sounds like you're kicking ass at workouts you like!

    Kids say the darndest things. Sometimes they're just testing stuff out, maybe they heard elsewhere.

    As for hair - I love pulling a woman's hair during sex....

    ReplyDelete
  13. A New Earth by Eckhart Toll is AMAZING. You sound like you might be in a place where you would love what he has to say.

    It blew my mind and changed me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good for you for throwing away the scale. And your last paragraph? Love it. I really don't think it matters when the "search" inside ourselves begins, just that it does begin. What a great journey you're on.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love your openness.....and I used to be a single mom so I know how that is too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've given up on LIB. I've gained 2 lbs and can't stop eating. Been sick this week and only exercised 2 days. (I was doing 6 days per week.)

    Have you read The Help? I listened to that audio book and it was the best book I read/listened to last year. The Book Thief was a good audio book, too. Also, The Lace Reader was excellent. I did the audio version of that one last winter and fell in love with it. The narrator was wonderful.

    Do you like romance novels? If so, Susan Elizabeth Phillips audios are the best ever. The narrator is wonderful. What I Did For Love was the last one and I did not want it to end.

    ReplyDelete