Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Who is this little angel??


From the day Toots was born she was loved by many. But here is my take on her over the last 2 years.


As a new born, she was strong and sturdy. She could lift her head for a few seconds from day one and she didn't look tiny and frail like some babies do. I was never afraid of hurting her. Even at 5lbs 11oz and less by the time we left the hospital she was strong.

She cried from 4pm until she would go to sleep. Colic maybe, too much stimulation maybe, too much me in her face probably. I held her every second that I could.

She loved baths, but hated getting dressed after them. She would cry through every changing. This hasn't changed yet either.

She didn't sleep through the night until almost 8 months and a long lecture from my ped.
I would rock her in my glider at every feeding for over a year.

She never wore the same outfit twice for the first year of her life thanks to all of my wonderful family and friends. By the way, we gave all of it to a friend and a gentleman in a bad spot with a new baby. Trying to make up for a lot of bad karma. It must be ok though since I have my little angel/devil.

She crawled at 6 months, and walked at 11 months.

She talks all of the time when she is around people she is comfortable with, but for the life of me will not talk around strangers. Even at 2, it is very hard to understand any of her words. Oh except NO. She understands everything and for the most part listens. If she doesn't agree, she will simply look at me with a devilish look and do it again. When I say "do you want a spanking?' she laughs at me. She doesn't even know what one is. She must think it is candy or something. Then I tickle her till she cries. My severe punishment.

She loves the out doors, dirt, all animals, balloons, bubbles, her grandma and grandpa and milk.

She is a crazy, amazing baby in the morning as long as she wakes up on her own. It's not pretty if I do the waking.

My grandma would have called her an IMP.

She has the most amazing "I am up to something" look that I have ever seen.

She is a climber, jumper, runner and much more.

She can throw a temper tantrum with the best of them.

She wants what she wants and wants it NOW. And boy can she get mad when she doesn't get it.

She can't sit still to watch TV or read a book unless you count playing with the remote or throwing the book at me.

She has a killer smile and gives lots of hugs and kisses.
She hates her car seat. I had to buy a DVD player for the car to keep her from screaming the whole way home. I guess it is the independence that makes her hate being strapped into 1 place.
Every time I pick her up from daycare, my heart jumps. Kinda like the feeling you get when you are in a new relationship. My heart beats faster and I almost get nervous. No matter how my day went, she always cleans the slate and makes me happy. I guess we kinda are in a new relationship. The most significant one that I will ever have.

But mostly, she is my savior and the love of my life. I never knew love like this before and I never knew that 1 little 25lb girl could make such a profound impact on my screwed up life.

No comments:

Post a Comment