Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I Will Never







Over my lifetime, I have gone backwards on a lot of the things I said that I would never do.

Such as... I said that I would NEVER get a tattoo. Well when I turned 30, not only did I start to drewl over bald headed men with lots of tattoo's, but I got one of my own. (Tattoo that is) It is a Panther looking over HIS shoulder and it is on MY right shoulder. The Panther is a symbol of rebirth and a new start, of power and grace and the feminine mother symbol. I really liked the thought of a new start and all that it represented at the time. Now however, it just looks like a black blob of bird poop that dropped on my shoulder.

So Saturday, I am going in to see if they can shape it up a little and add more of who I am now. I am also thinking about getting a small Aries symbol on my ankle to honor the love of my life. Toots.

So much for "I will NEVER'S"

Here is another one. I don't like a lot of piercings. I have 1 earring hole in each ear and until I turned 30, that was it. Well, now I have my belly button pierced. I am seeing a trend here. I have always hated it when people pierce their babies ears. Don't get me wrong, I think it looks adorable, but I was always more worried about infection or tearing. Now, I wish I would have done toots ears when she was a baby and am debating doing it as soon as I know she won't pull them out on her own.

I have learned that everything in life changes, so don't say I will never and don't judge others for things you would not have done. You just never know when it will bite you in the arse.
I am going to play 9 holes of golf with the girls today and I can't wait. They are going to destroy me, but I will have a good time in the process.

Grandma is taking Toots for the night, so that I can have 1 night without her or the hubbie. Look out world, you just never know what other "I never" I am going to add to my list!!!!!!!!!

10 comments:

  1. Ah, the whole never say never thing has bitten you in the ass.

    Oh well.

    I hope you get a cool new tat that you can appreciate, to replace the pile of bird poop that you say you currently have. ;)

    I'm way too indecisive and too much of a weenie to ever get a tat. I had my BB pierced back in 94. I also had my nose pierced with a tiny stud, but I was self concious about it and I took it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never, EVER, say never.

    ;)

    -QT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candice-I'll post pictures of the new tat. You need one!
    qtmama-Yeah, I kinda learned my lesson on that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you're right! Owen would LOVE Toots -and their signs go PERFECTLY together: he's a Sagittarius and she's an Aries! How perfect!

    So you golf, huh? I never got into it, but I live in the golf capital of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good point! Hope you had a great time golfing and whatever followed.

    Wasn't there a drinking game called "I never" back when?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alicia- I wouldn't actually call what I do as golf (I suck) but my friends like to drag me out there to give them someone to laugh at.

    MindyMom- golf/drinking was fun and unfortunatley I was home by 8pm so I was a wus! Darn-it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like your golfing was fun! My golf game sounds a lot like yours, but I pride myself on my ability to bring comic relief to all :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I said I'd never marry or have kids....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Millennium Housewife- I too said I would never marry and then I did. I should have added that to my blog of I nevers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Danielle,

    This actually is a perfect age to pierce your dd's ears before gets older and plays with her ears after having them pierced.

    If you're thinking about it, then your mommy intuition is telling earlier is better and now is the time. Our ped gave me some tips for moms having their dd's ears pierced and encouraged me to to go ahead as an infant.

    Write me an e-mail if you'd like our ped's suggestions!

    Amy
    Amyswor@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete