Friday, July 16, 2010

Putting my Big Girl Panties on!

I am moving this weekend and let me tell you how freaking excited I am. Ok, I am lying but I figure that if I say it, I will believe it. You know positive thinking and all.


You see, I am moving from a gorgeous new home in the mountains that has a view to die for and wildlife all over the place. I have a large bedroom with ample closet space for my over abundance of un-needed clothing. I have a built in babysitter since I currently live with my mommy and step daddy! Ugg, read I am going to be 40 and it pains me to say that I have been living under my parent’s roof for the last 9 months. Mrs. Independent that moved out when I was 17 and never looked back until now.

I am moving to a house where I will be 10 minutes from my work instead of 1 hour and won’t put the wear and tear on my car. Yay, but… I will have a room the size of my mother’s bathroom and a closet the size of one of her cupboards. The beautiful bed set that I just purchased will remain in storage and I will have to buy another, smaller (full) bed so that I can fit a dresser in and have some place to put my big girl panties (which I am obviously not wearing today) *Insert whiner*. I will be rooming with a woman that I work with and absolutely love and so does my daughter but I mix with roommates like oil and water so I am a little worried. My roommate is a whole story for another post so remind me to tell you that one someday.

Anyway, I am doing all this because it is time for me to grow up again and move out of my mommy’s home. It may be painful, but it is time to cut the umbilical cord.

Wish me luck. Anyone have any plans for the weekend that I can be jealous of?

21 comments:

  1. Wow D!! Congrats on the fresh start. You got this!

    This weekend is my weekend without the kids and without the bf. All MEEEE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy for you, keep that positive attitude going.
    As for the weekend, I'm working, otherwise I'd love to help you move. Well, if I were closer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a funny about thing moving… I think the only good moving is done with a match. I HATE it but then I have done much more then my share. I think the only good thing about it would be the possible new start depending on the distance of the move and other things.

    Omg…. I was going to say what the hell are you doing, that place sounds wonderful…….. Until you added in the folks… oh girl you have to get out of there… I mean you will still be close enough to drop of the kid for some free baby sitting right?

    Omg you are whining…. *snickers*

    Oh wait…. Room mates to? This is starting to go down hill no matter how much wear and tear you save on the geo…. *grins* ok maybe not a geo… maybe a ?

    Wish I was doing something fun this weekend….

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow - that is a lot going on for one weekend. Good luck with the move. Hopefully the good points will outweigh the bad ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You already know my plans - or lack of them - and that there's nothing to be jealous about. See you and the new digs on Sunday! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the move, even if it will be painful. Boo to small closets too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your move.....even if you are moving into a shoebox....would love to hear the dirt on the roommate though...;-) While I'm almost 40 (in a few weeks), I don't live under my parents roof but do have a parent living under my roof.....ugh......time for him to move out and put his big boy pants on.........

    Nothing special planned for the weekend....ummmm...got my hair done tonight (whooo hooooo???????). Will be spending most of it cleaning (just call me Cinderella) and starting to pack for a much needed vacation......

    ReplyDelete
  8. So....closer to me and easier to reach you on your phone????? ;)

    Good for you. But I feel you on the room mate situation.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Congratulations !

    Good luck with your roommate, I definitely have my share of stories.

    So what kind of big girl panties are you putting on ? I am sure that the male readers would like to know.

    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ummmmmmmmm where the heck am I gonna sleep?????? Sheeeeeeesh
    Fluffy doods can't be all laid up in lil beds!

    I'm positive you are rockin the big girl panties too. Hope the move goes smooth.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eeeek! Good luck with the new roommate! I have issues living with people so I understand your concern. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with the move. I just finished mine and it went well. Settling into a new routine with people is always a bit bumpy at first. However it will give you some experience for dating people.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a step in the right direction; progress, definitely! I'm sure you're exhausted and all, but I'm going to be happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, I am happy for you. I know what it takes to be on your own and what you have to give up sometimes to get that better life.

    Umm. I had an amazing weekend in California. I'll be writing all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck on your move! If you don't have room for big girl panties in your new place, just go commando. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am wishing you some serious good luck D. I hope things work out perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Moving sucks, room mates suck, living mom and dad make moving and room mates seem like blessings. I like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awe...I know how you feel...but you shouldn't think that because you need your family at times that your not wearing big girl panties...but I am proud of you!!!and well you know I am always here to help you put the big girl panties on....hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aw, geez. You can always visit mom and dad a lot! And have sleepovers on the weekends.... LOL

    Good luck on your new move! I hope it all works out with the roommate.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You go girl! I hope you have a easy transition into your new place.

    This just may be a whole new beginning for you.

    ReplyDelete